Director of Programs & Policy
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in not-for-profit program required
- 3-5 years experience in advocacy and program capacity building preferred
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- An understanding of programs and policy that affect nonprofits working to reduce hunger in the state of Alabama preferred
- Help build the capacity of member food banks to solve hunger in Alabama by raising food and funds and pursuing long-term, statewide strategies.
- Guide the program work of the Alabama Food Bank Association, including but not limited to the summer feeding program, development for Alabama food banks and the State Association, license plate program, and grant reporting.
- Help fulfill the long-range goals of member food banks.
- Engage in advocacy work and program capacity building.
- Lead short-term special projects or work groups as needed to research, test, and/or implement new programs, initiatives, or processes.
- Represent the organization in meetings, community forums, or conferences as needed.
- Identify funding sources to support the member organizations and association.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing the annual operating budget
- Maintain organization records including contracts, billing records, non-profit and tax-exempt forms, and grant reports.
- Produce or assist in preparing periodic and annual financial records for use by Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Position will be based in Montgomery but require some travel.