Host a Food Drive
Coordinating a traditional, fund or virtual food drive is an exciting opportunity for local businesses, schools, churches and clubs to get involved and impact their community in a positive way. Read more to learn about our different food drive options and determine which is best for you. See below for contact information at your local food bank.
Traditional Food Drives
- Allows members to collect non-perishable food items
- Can be a one day event or take place for a predetermined amount of time, typically a week or month
- Allows participants to tangibly see what they are donating and feel a sense of connection
- Serves a critical role in feeding people in need during times of crisis
- Helps keep food bank shelves stocked throughout the year
- A great way to show your organization’s commitment to community involvement
- For every dollar donated the food bank can provide 5 meals
- Geared towards raising money to put towards one of the food bank’s nutrition programs or general food distribution
- Often held in conjunction with traditional food drives giving participants a choice to bring a cash donation
- Often a company will match the weight of donated food items with a check of equal value
- Donated funds are fully tax-deductable
Contact your local food bank to help organize a food drive!
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Gloria Hollins at 256-539-2256 ext. 105